Friday, May 20, 2011

Picture Time!

When I left this morning I told Gabby that her job for the day was to make the rain go away.  Lo and Behold, I park in my driveway after a torrential downpour on rt 495 and the heavens opened up.  I don't know how she did it, but "Mission Accomplished!" 

In honor of the LOVELY evening that followed, I grilled up some "smart dogs", sweet potato slices, and green beans.  We sat outside and enjoyed the meal in the sunshine.  I also got to take some pictures of my newly spun and plied yarn.

Here is the superwash BFL  in "Citrus Sherbet" - super soft and squishy.  I have about 350 yards in DK-ish weight (2 ply).  I think she will become a small shawl.
And here is the lovely merino from the batt I bought in Mystic.  It is from "Other Kingdoms" and its exact composition is 65% merino, 30% horned dorset and 5% sari silk.  It is about 1.5oz and I got about 185yds in a fingering weight  (2 ply as well).  

Hopefully I'll get a few more pictures taken this weekend.  Some of the Asterope and Mary Jane.  We'll see.  Happy weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. It was great to see the sun yesterday! That thunderstorm cooled things off a bit too much for eating outside here, though. Lovely new yarn.

    ReplyDelete