Thursday, May 19, 2011

Delinquent Blogger

We all knew (and by "we" I really mean "me" because almost no one reads this yet) that this blogging this would have to take a back seat during the crazy spring season.  And by golly, it has taken a seat right in the trunk! We are in the last stretch of the school year and with the spring mayhem starting to finally end, I am back.  (Well, at least for now.)

I am not going to fool myself into thinking that I can update everything that has happened in the last 2 months.  I've spun some, knit some, played some, and worked lots. I don't have any pictures today, but will post them at some point.  (maybe....)

garden plot dress
Here are some highlights:
      1. Garden plot dress - frogged  (I didn't like the way the yarn looked.  It wasn't even and though it draped beautifully, I wasn't happy with it.
      2. Asterope Shawl by Romi - On my!  lovely, lovely lovely!    I'm really looking forward to knitting the other shawls from her book "7 Small Shawls"
      3. New socks! - One complete plain vanilla pair for me and in the process of making a pair of "Blueberry Waffle Socks" for Marcie.  (a la Meghan from "Stitch It!")
      4. Mary Jane - done and done!  I have worn this so many times since completing it.  LOVE IT!  Made out of Berroco vintage DK
      5. Spinning! - spun up some awesome superwash BFL in a colorway I'm happily calling "Citrus Sherbet".  I also bought some batts when we went to Mystic, CT for a short trip in April.  Right now I'm working with a blend of merino and sari recycled silk and nylon bits.  Its main colors are a purplish pink and seafoam-y green.  The silk and nylon bits are every color under the sun.  I'm spinning it very fine on my spindle and I can't wait to ply it up.  
OK - and now my BIG BIG news!
I BOUGHT A WHEEL!  
WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

It is an Ashford Scholar M2 and should be here next week all the way from Washington State!  I am so excited!  I've been on cloud nine all day!

I'll be sure to update when the wheel comes in and I attempt to spin on it for the first time.  Should be interesting to say the least.  I'm just happy to have it just in time for summer!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you haven't abandoned the blog. And hooray on the wheel! If you need help just give a yell.

    ReplyDelete