Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Adventures!

We're on February vacation here in the Fern household.  Keeping Gabby (and me!) occupied has been quite the task!  
Last night we decided to have a "camp-in" in the living room.  Our adventure began with a trip to purchase camping supplies at the grocery store:
veggie dogs & buns
veggie chili
baked beans
and, of course, s'mores supplies!

We decked out the living room with the air mattress, sleeping bags, and draped the ceiling with bed sheets for our "tent". We then ate our camp food, made microwave s'mores and watched movies.  It was a fun night that ended with a very tuckered out Gabby.  :)  

This morning:


After clearing the "site" we have been off to our regular routines! 

I did get some knitting done yesterday.  Gabby got her "Monster Mitts" that she requested after seeing my "Soujourn Mitts"
momma's mitts:
Gabby's!

(I think she likes them!)

This morning I decided to make a second attempt at spinning and dying bamboo.  I'm not hopeful in the dying category.  We'll see....
Spinning is going a little better - still lumpy and bumpy.  I don't enjoy spinning bamboo, but I feel guilty that I have all this fiber, and am not spinning it... 
yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment