Saturday, February 26, 2011

Inspiration found!

Thank you Spring 2011 Interweave Knitting!

I had a lovely trip to Eva's on Wednesday and, though it took me awhile, I found that spark I needed to get going!  It was in Interweave's newly released spring edition.  Leafing through I fell in love with most of the patterns.  Here are some of note (plus the two I cast on!):

Heliotropic Pullover by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark
"spirals delicate texture along the yoke of a simply shaped tee with a generous, fluid silhouette."

I definitely want to make this.  Perfect spring top! 















Garden Plot Dress  by Victoria Meyers
"contrasts colors and lace blocks to create a swingy dress fit for any garden party"

I INSTANTLY fell in love with this. This pattern got me back to knitting right away. Gabriella MUST have this dress! 









I had plenty of comfy sport from Knit Picks to make it and cast it on right away.  

I normally stay away from intarsia, but I love the way this is done.  In between the color blocks and lace blocks there is one stitch done with both colors.  It makes a faux seam of reverse stockinette.  I love it!







Moving on....
I will definitely look to cast on the Rose Lace Stole by Susanna IC as well as the Pinkerton Shawl by Susan Dittrich.  But right now, I'm taking a break from accessories. 
Ruched Yoke Tee by Annelena Mattison was the next piece that I instantly cast on.  To make this piece even more awesome - there's a kid's size too!  So, when I'm done with mine, I'll cast on for Gabby's!  
I bought some Berroco Vintage DK in color 2184.  It's purple with flecks of blue and red and gold.  BEAUTIFUL!
It was perfect driving knitting for yesterday when we took a trip up to Boston to bring Gabby to the Children's Museum. 
So, I'm busy (and happy) again!  I have the perfect "thinking" project with the dress and a simpler "cruise control" project with the tee.  AND - more in line when those are done!

Yippppeeee! 

No comments:

Post a Comment