Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

It's my birthday.  I always look forward to this day with anticipation of exciting things.  This year, turning 31, I've been more "meh" about the whole thing.  Knew it would happen some day...

My students, however, were very excited to find out that today was my birthday.  As a result, I walked into my classroom and found this  on the floor as I left my office:
(My students are the ones that named me "Fern" from my last name.  It has become one of my favorite nicknames ever.)
I then turned on the lights to my classroom and saw this on my white board:
Made my morning very bright.  This continued with my chorus singing to me and the same two students popping their heads in my class at the beginning of every period to say "happy birthday".  They really are a very sweet bunch.

Now I just have some amazing rehearsals to attend to after school and then get to drive home to be with Gabby and Chris.  I'm looking forward to be being home, but it's nice to know that they like me here, too. :)  



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Your students are so lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday! I've missed seeing you on FB, but this blog is even better. It's nice to see pictures of knitting (and spinning! Wow!) and especially of Miss Gabby! She's getting so big!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete